Call for Papers
3DTV-CON 2018 is the 12th in a series of successful conferences having the objective to bring together researchers and developers from academia and industry with diverse experience and activity in distinct, yet complementary, areas to discuss the development of next generation 3D immersive and interactive technologies, applications and services.
The conference involves a wide range of disciplines: imaging and computer graphics, signal processing, telecommunications, electronics, optics and physics. Professionals from these areas are cordially invited to participate at 3DTV-CON 2018. The conference will provide a forum for fruitful discussions and feedback about the researchers’ works. The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- 3D Scene Capture, Representation and Processing: 3D audio-visual scene capture and reconstruction techniques, synchronization and calibration of multiple cameras, light field and plenoptic imaging, holographic camera techniques, multi-view and multi-sensor image and 3D data processing, mixing of virtual and real worlds, 3D motion analysis, animation, segmentation.
- 3D Coding and Transmission: Systems, architectures and transmission technologies for 3DTV, 3D meshes, light field and hologram data.
- 3D Visualization: Projection and display technology for representation recreation of 3D visual scenes, stereoscopic and auto-stereoscopic display techniques, light field display technologies, holographic display technologies, reduced and full parallax systems, computational displays, integral imaging techniques, 3D mesh, texture, point, and volume-based representations.
- 3D Quality of Experience: Subjective quality evaluation, objective quality metrics, multimodal experience, interaction with 3D content, visual attention, emotional effects.
- 3D Applications: 3D television, cinema, games and entertainment, serious games, virtual studios, 3D tele-immersion and remote collaboration, 3D imaging in virtual heritage and virtual archaeology, augmented reality and virtual environments, underlying technologies for 3DTV, medical and biomedical applications, 3D content-based retrieval and recognition, 3D watermarking.
Paper submission: Prospective authors are invited to submit their contributions to one of the following two tracks:
Regular track: In this track, full-length original papers are selected. The submitted manuscripts must be four-pages long, in double-column format including authors’ names, affiliations, and short abstract. Manuscripts will be collected only by electronic submission through the conference site. They will be peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be included in the conference Proceedings. As with the previous editions of the 3DTV Conference, the papers in this category presented at the conference will be submitted to IEEEXplore Digital Library (pending approval).
Fast track: In this track, extended abstracts are selected. The submitted manuscripts must be one-page long, in double-column format, including authors’ names and affiliations. Manuscripts will be collected only by electronic submission through the conference site . They will undergo fast review by the conference chairs and the authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to present their works at the conference and to submit full-length, four-page long manuscripts for peer-review after the conference. Accepted full-length papers will be included in the conference proceedings as well. Please, note that the abstract acceptance and presenting the work at the conference do not automatically guarantee paper inclusion in the conference Proceedings, as the conference strictly applies the full-length peer-review policy.